Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Am I the only person who just wants to drink half and half sometimes?

I know, it's kind of disgusting, but it's also kind of awesome. I'm not saying I want to down a whole container of it, but sometimes, I'd like to drink just a little. I had a room mate who used it like milk. I wouldn't go that far, but sometimes you just want something super rich and creamy. I generally reserve it for my coffee though, but I'm sure other people must have this impulse on occasion?

Since we're on the topic of things that are terrible for you, I'd like to put in a word on fast food. I've probably mentioned that I've eaten more of it this year than in the past, somewhat for financial reasons and somewhat because I'm lazy and well, let's face it, it just tastes good. In any case, I had to watch Supersize Me in my Foundations of Holistic Health class. It's not the first time I've watched it, but it still is a fairly fascinating and horrifying look at the world of fast food, particularly McDonalds. If you aren't familiar with the movie, it's basically a documentary of a guy in good health who decides to eat nothing but what's on the McDonalds menu for 30 days. Not surprisingly it's absolutely horrible for his health and emotional well being.

Two things occur after watching this movie: 1. I have an inexplicable craving for a fast food burger ( though not Mickey Dees. They're the worst offender.) and 2. I feel revolted by fast food in general.
Both of these occur at the same time unfortunately. I did succumb to a Burger King Whopper the other day out of convenience. I've also learned that if I don't eat before class, or bring food, that I'm tempted to indulge in fast food because it's there and it's easy.

With all this mention of class, I should probably note that I recently, as in two weeks ago, started attending school to become a licensed massage therapist. That's actually a lot more work than it sounds like believe it or not since you have to learn anatomy and all that good stuff. So now I'm employed and in school and trying to promote my jewelry shop as well so I can have more money yay. Oh and trying to stay healthy... I'll write a bit more about that in the next post since this one was devoted to unhealthy stuff.

1 comment:

  1. No Em, you're not the only person! It must be genetic because I've done that also...I've even gone so far as to have a sip of light cream on its on! And stay away from that fast food crap!

    ReplyDelete