Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Road Raging Pet Peeve


Today I'm an angry driver because gas prices suck! Up here in NY everything is horribly expensive, and truth be told, the prices have actually come down in the last month or so. Today I'm pissed off not so much about the prices, but about the price deception.

I've started to see gas prices drop by 30-45 cents in some places, especially further west, but at most of these gas stations, that is the cash price. They usually don't advertise this fact too well, so when you make a sudden turn into the gas station with the $3.55 price, only to discover that the credit price is $3.79, it's pretty irritating. Now, I never have cash on me, or very rarely have enough to cover a tank of gas, so I really dislike this. Most stations appear to charge the credit price for the debit card, but at Shell the other night, I actually got the cash price for my debit card. Goooo Shell!

I've been told that in other states they've made it illegal to have a discrepancy between cash price and credit price. I'd strongly support New York doing that. So Road Raging Pet Peeve of the Week, Gas Price Discrepancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment