Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Playing with Fire

I've mentioned before that I had an awesome meal cooked for me, and now I've had two. SWB has kindly cooked me two lovely and fiery meals. I've never flambeed anything in my life so watching two of my meals get set on fire was pretty awesome.

Meal 1: Steak Flambe in Rum with Mushrooms with Banana Chocolate Amaretto Flambe
I sadly didn't think about photos until after the fire was gone, but let me tell you, the drippings, alcohol and mushrooms were one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten. I just wanted a whole carton of mushrooms in that sauce!




This steak of course prompted much singing of the Steak and Eggs song from Family Guy. If you don't know what I'm talking about take a look.


Meal 2: Salmon flambe with mushrooms
I couldn't find tuna so salmon became the fish of choice, and in an attempt to get back the yummy steak mushrooms I chose mushrooms as the 'vegetable' again. It was quite a tasty salmon, rare on the inside, but thoroughly cooked with fire. We still used rum, but it had less of the sweet taste that came with the meat. This time I got pictures!




Playing with fire.... definitely fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment