Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Updates from the new place and fun foods





Since I've moved into the new house this past weekend I have not had internet. Only a week so I have just been checking in on essentials for work. At the moment I'm seated comfortably in Starbucks with my Chai Latte. Yay!

So I wanted to update on the cooking adventures I've had. So far not many but I saw this awesome swiss chard in the store the other day and I had to buy it because it was called "bright lights" chard and the stems were pink and yellow. How can I say no to that? It was also a huge bunch of it so I figured it would go a long way. Sadly my kitchen is pretty dark so my pictures don't really do it justice, but it is pretty! You can see from the picture up top that I borrowed from the interwebs what it should look like.
I decided to split my chard into two batches and cook it all so it didn't go bad on me. One batch was just cooked up with some garlic and the other was cooked up with some garlic and onions and then turned into soup. I added chicken broth and water and a little bit of onion powder and then some tofu and voila! Soup! It was actually really tasty, I must say. Yes, the chard lost its pretty color but it tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment