Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Potted Garden

I have been meaning to write about my garden since I first started it, but that now was several months ago for the peas and a little less I guess for the cucumbers. I really wanted to show how they got bigger from these tiny little morsels into cool plants. Luckily they are nowhere near done growing so I can still show you!

The peas I started from scratch, ie, a seed. Unfortunately a lot of them have died and now I only really have 2 good ones. I could start some more if I feel motivated I guess. Yesterday I noticed the first pea pod and it was so exciting! Isn't she a beauty!?


I was so distracted by the emergence of the first two cucumbers that I almost missed the pea pod. It's really neat to watch something grow all the way from seed. The cucumbers I bought when they were little, and I wasn't really expecting them to get tall because I got a cucumber bush, which it said was good for pots. They've certainly sprouted up and are grabbing on to everything they can reach. I tried to put the popsicle stick in for size comparison.



I have to give them tons of water because they dry up so quickly. Unfortunately my spinach doesn't seem to have made it. I may have to try again. Check out the little baby cucumbers!



I'll keep an update on how the crop is progressing. I'm guessing it will still take a while till something edible comes up. For now, I just keep watching and watering.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely little pea you have!! I also enjoy sarcasm and I guess writing a blog is pretty damn dorky and I write one so there you go......

    ReplyDelete