Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Driving Madness Continues..


It has been a crazy driving week. I’ve been angry so many times that I think I lost count. Happily though, the ultimate foodie holiday is coming up on Thursday, so there will be lots to report. Dad and I are planning to do the cooking for the family which should be exciting! For some strange reason my vegetarian father has an interest in cooking meat and wants to test out a turkey cooking method involving salt pork. Shrug. Plenty of tasties on the menu, and since grandpa works at a bakery, all baked goods will be provided. Hooray!

Anyway onto road rage....

Here are some thoughts from the road:

Gesturing wildly with your hand outside the window in a non-critical merging situation (i.e your lane is not about to run out and you’re not making a turn) does not make you any more important than anyone else who is trying to merge. But I will still let you in because you look funny and I’m nice.

It’s just rude not to use your turn signal. They were created for a reason, so please, use them because its common courtesy. If I had known you were turning I could have also turned. Thanks a lot.

Please get off your cell phone and use your signal.

Bus drivers are horrible drivers.

Any one driving a large truck or oversized vehicle is a horrible driver.

Cops are the worst example of bad drivers.

Basically everyone on the road is a horrible driver

I literally trust no one on the road at all. I don’t trust that they will stop at stop signs, I don’t trust that they will go the direction they appear to be going, I don’t trust that they won’t go careening into my bumper because they are texting, eating, or just not looking at the road. This is highly problematic.

In closing, I've never been tempted to eat my steering wheel.

2 comments:

  1. i've developed major anxiety around driving because i don't trust that anyone knows how to drive anymore either. people are lunatics and they terrify me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - you think American drivers are bad? You should see ECUADORIAN drivers. I cannot tell you how many times I've almost been hit by a car (Pedestrians do NOT have the right of way, EVER). And the kids in my family, they've actually gotten sick - yes VOMITED, after being in the car with their father, racing back and forth from Church.

    On a happier note, your grandfather works in a bakery! duuuude, why am I only finding this out now?

    ReplyDelete