Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let there be cake!


So far since I've started working here, we have had two cakes in the office. One was for my birthday, and one was a pre going away party for my supervisor who is very heavily pregnant. They like to eat at IH. Just my kind of people.

I'm fairly fussy about cake and it isn't really one of my favorite desserts, however I do love a good ice cream cake, and miraculously that's what I got for my birthday! My parents have been telling me to go to a bakery they love out on the Island and these cakes came from local bakeries, so I'm starting to feel like Long Island is a good place for baked goods. Hooray! In support of that theory I present the Entemann's outlet store which I've passed several times recently. A cake outlet store???!!! WHAT? I haven't gone in yet, but rest assured I will research that for you. And I'm sure it's not just cake but every yummy product they have.
And when I get a kitchen I'm sure I will do some baking myself.

On a non-cake topic, Long Island drivers are pretty bad. I don't want to say they're worse than Jersey, but they're at least as bad.

1 comment:

  1. "get well, get well soon, we want you to get well!"

    it's all i can think of when anyone talks about office cake.

    ReplyDelete