Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Philly Mac and Cheesesteak


This is an emergency post because I saw this and it is far too crazy not to share. Occasionally I read Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me! NPR, which features a sandwich every Monday. Recently they featured the Philly Mac and Cheesesteak, which unfortunately is no longer in production ( they tried to create their own). This is exactly what it sounds like. It is a cheesesteak topped with mac and cheese. What??? Talk about indulgence. I don't know how I feel about this one, aside from overwhelmed by grease. I love mac and cheese like its nobody's business and I do love a good cheesesteak, but somehow putting them together seems like a strange mixture of textures. However, I'd be willing to consider the fact that this could be divine. Luckily for my arteries, Great Steaks has discontinued it so I will never be able to taste it.

If you want to see what NPR has to say about it you can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. who do i have to murder in order to get these back into our lives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably Jesus. Or maybe Satan. I don't know who rules over deliciously sinful foods, but it's probably one of those two.

    ReplyDelete