Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Don't Trust the Gorton's Fishermen


Even if the commercials tell you to trust the Gorton's fisherman, don't do it.

It's a rare occasion ( less rare than it used to be) that I actually want to eat fish, but sometimes the mood strikes me, as with the recent tuna post, so I go for it. Meandering down the frozen food aisle, I found Gorton's Breaded fish fillet's. I'd been planning to cook something nice and healthy, but abandoned it on discovering these crunchy breaded fillets and I opted to eat them for dinner instead.

The instructions stated that 17-20 minutes in an oven at 420 would cook them up to golden, crispy perfection. My oven, as I may have mentioned, seems to be extraordinarily hot, so I checked them early. When I went to flip them over, I noticed that they seemed incredibly oily. Thank God I didn't fry them, which is what I thought about doing originally. I let them cook all the way, in the hopes that they would crisp up some more.

Sadly they were still very oily when they were ready to come out. The fish inside was pretty dissapointing too. You could tell that it was an actually fish, which at least was good, but it became very mushy around where the breading was and the overall texture was mush soaked in oil. Overall I found them pretty lame. Despite the fact that they look nice on a plate, I'm giving them a big thumbs down :(

4 comments:

  1. Hi Em, My name is Kristy and I'm part of the Gorton's Seafood Crew - we are SO sorry for the experience you had with our product! This certainly does not reflect the quality that we pride ourselves on providing to loyal consumers like yourself. Would you mind dropping me a line so I can learn more about your experience and see how we might be able to ensure a better experience in the future? Thank you! Kristy, gortons.crew@rinckadvertising.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eating the same fish fillets right now as we speak...mushy and oily. Not really fixed the issue even in 5 years have ya Gorton.. nice rain coat though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gordons still haven't fixed this problem, guess they can't , this was very disappointing , the oboys fish sticks I but come out crispy and not mushy, I will not be buying them again

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought the Gordon crunchy breaded fillets, Four fillets cooked for 30 minutes and they are still nasty wet gooey inside I will never purchase a Gordon product again

    ReplyDelete