Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Best Berries are Cranberries!

Wow, time is flying by. This is our busy season at work, seeing as we are in the business of giving out food. I doubt I will have much free time until January. I can't even fathom that next week is Thanksgiving! Ahhh! Delicious foodie love must be given to this holiday!

In the world of my kitchen and other food events there's actually a decent amount to report. I've had a delicious meal cooked for me recently, also have been enjoying making different things with my bag of fresh cranberries. YAY! I LOVE cranberries. So awesome. At the moment I can smell my cranberry corn muffins baking up in the oven and it's fantastic!

Last week I made Cranberry Zucchini bread. I'd bought zucchini with the express purpose of making it into bread, because really, what else do you do with it that tastes good? I was trying to figure out what I'd make with the cranberries so it seemed logical to put them together. I checked the interwebs for a recipe and sure enough there were many.

I love the way cranberries look cut up! They have that cool inside that looks like a flower. The recipe was pretty straight forward and didn't involve too much work. Everyone in the house really liked it. I never got to bring it in to the office because it was too good!

The other great part about baking this bread was that I got to use new Super Awesome ginger bread spatula from Target!! I can feel the Christmas spirit.....

Now we have the cranberry corn muffins which are a combination of home made and prepared. I coated cranberries in some light oil and a nice sprinkling of sugar then added them to Jiffy corn muffin mix. I threw in a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg and another pinch of sugar into the batter.

There might not have been quite enough sugar to cut the tartness of the cranberries, but they look gorgeous! The color is fantastic, although I wish the muffin browned up a bit more.



I still think they taste awesome. They could definitely do with a bit of honey or sugar on the butter when you eat them, but it also depends how many cranberries are in each muffin. I already ate two of them, and there are only 8, so I doubt they will last terribly long since I'm eying a third one.
I still have cranberries left so I'm going to make them into something if I feel motivated between now and Thanksgiving. Suggestions welcome! Now let the Holidays begin!

1 comment:

  1. PIMMER | Ford edge titanium 2019 - iTaniumArt
    The premium design titanium trimmer as seen on tv of the titanium glasses frames T-10 is very titanium hair appealing in both practical and retail babylisspro nano titanium quality settings. From traditional solid brass design, titanium tv alternative to high quality

    ReplyDelete