Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I know, I know, Halloween just ended and we haven't even gotten to Thanksgiving yet. It's only the start of November, but when it comes to Christmas, I say its almost never too early to jump on board. Besides, every single store has already switched into Christmas mode, so don't blame me for trying to keep up. While I could go into detail about lots of Christmasy things, I'll try and keep the focus on food here for now.
First off, the return of Red cups to Starbucks is always a wonderful thing. I think J may be the only person who gets as excited ( probably more excited) about this as me. I went in just to get a coffee and I was ecstatic to find that there are Christmas themed cups! Hooray!
Of course, we are still somewhat between seasons, as proved by the pumpkin cream cheese muffin I also acquired at Starbucks. It sort of tasted like a cross between pumpkin pie and gingerbread, so maybe its gearing up for shifting seasons. It was pretty tasty, and I love pumpkin but I don't know that I love it enough to get it again. But interestingly Sbucks told me on their bag that they are removing artificial ingredients and preservatives from their foods. So yay I think!Starbucks may still be holding on to remnants of fall, but Dunkin Donuts has already moved on.. All through October I heard radio ads for Pumpkin Coffee and Donuts ( the donuts are delicious by the way but I never got to try the coffee) but the day it became November they started up ads for Gingerbread Lattes and gingerbread donuts and muffins. These people don't waste any time. I haven't checked a DD to see if the pumpkin stuff is still around but I suspect it is not. I was sort of intrigued by the pumpkin coffee but not anticipating it to be very good since I find their coffee to be very hit and miss normally. I wasn't very enthralled by Starbucks take on the pumpkin latte either. To me it tasted like peaches, but maybe it was just a bad one.

One last thing.... I know it's not food, but it is Christmas and plenty of it looks good enough to eat. Lush just came out with it's holiday catalogue!! This means I should not go near the mall or a lush store any time soon. Sigh. http://www.lushusa.com/shop/

More holiday food updates are sure to come and of course, Thanksgiving is the ultimate foodie holiday so when the time is right we will get there.

2 comments:

  1. starbucks and lush are two of my very favourite things ever - especially festive products from both!

    iced pumpkin spice lattes are my dream, but they never taste the same twice. i was also telling bear about the festive starbucks beverages and he said that they might just be enough to convert him into a starbucks fan! mmm...gingerbread latte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Starbucks is probably some evil soul sucking corporation on the inside, but there's just nothing like sipping a tasty sweet beverage in a big comfy chair. Toffee Mocha is also the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete