Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookie Time!

Well, it's the day before departure to the PA and I made ALL the cookies this afternoon. Everything went very well actually. I changed things up a little and decided to make the tea cookies, the chocolate chip and chocolate pecan macaroons.
I must say, they are all remarkably tasty, and while I suppose none of them can be said to be really good for you, they are at least lower in fat than other cookies ( well not the chocolate chips. You don't mess with a classic.)

There is zero butter in the tea cookies, but they are rolled in powdered sugar. There's also zero butter and zero egg yolk in the macaroons. The macaroons are a cross between meringues and macaroons and they are very rich. I used crushed walnuts instead of pecans for both my cookies. I have mixed feelings about coconut, but sometimes I do like it and I think in this case it works. To quote Zombieland, " I hate coconut. Not the taste, the consistency."

I'm pretty proud of the outcome. I think everything tastes good and only a few things got a bit burned on the bottom.






1 comment: