Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Cupcakes!

Lately I feel like I've written a lot of posts about sweet things, and not a lot of posts about real food, however, I like sweet things, so I'm going to continue for now. Eventually I will get to real food.

I was just looking over a blog which I haven't looked at in quite some time that is all about cupcakes and I must say I'm insanely jealous of all their beautiful creations, particularly this incredible steampunk hat cupcake. Look how Perfect!

Look at their other stuff as well which comes from various locations and shops.... eggnog cupcakes, pumpkin,peppermint, broccoli? I also recently started thinking about making Christmas cupcakes with a little "tree" of icing on top. Like these.

My infatuation with these delightful little treats reminded me that in NYC last week I saw a truck selling cupcakes. I wasn't really in the mood to explore it but I wrote down the name- www.cupcakestop.com. The cupcakes aren't pretty. They look pretty commercial and I suppose they are, but the idea of a truck selling cupcakes still seems pretty fantastic. Maybe some cupcakes are in order.... anyone have a birthday soon? The problem is I'm messy and inaccurate, which is why I could never really be a pastry chef. My food will never look that pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment