Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different...



Tired of reading recipes out of books, index cards, computer print outs and scribbled notes? Never fear! The Singing Recipe is here!

Yes, you did read that correctly. Black Balloon Publishing and a musical group called One Ring Zero have put together cd of sung recipes, including recipes from chef Mario Batali. You can hear some samples of the songs here.

I don't really know what the benefit of a singing recipe is, other than being a unique idea. The songs are kind of silly but its certainly out of the ordinary. The credit for this ridiculous find goes to my mom who emailed me the link and thought it might be blog- worthy.

I don't even know what else to say about these, except that it doesn't seem prctical as a method for cooking and it seems unlike that someone would want to repeatedly listen to lyrics like " season with salt and pepper and set in the refrigerator till ready to use." I mean, I could be wrong, maybe singing recipes will take off and become the next big thing. Maybe the Glee kids will get involved and do a dance number to "Maine Jonah Crab Claws with Yuzu Mayonnaise." Stranger things have happened.
Interestingly enough One Ring Zero actually has some really fascinating music.

1 comment:

  1. This is just too strange. No thanks, I'll read my recipes, thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete