Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two tomatoes are running down the street, the one in front turns around and yells back to the other, "Ketchup!"




Alright so I need to Catch -up ( ketchup) because I have a bunch of things I've been wanting to write about and now I have my internet back permanently so I've got to start up again with what I have been accumulating in pictures etc.

To stick with the theme, let's talk about Wendy's new natural cut fries with sea salt. Wendy's has been touting these fries like they are some sort of healthy miracle. They don't actually use the word healthy but the way they talk about them as being so natural you'd think they were trying to convince you they are healthy. Also sea salt!!! Not just any salt, but sea salt! Apparently this is amazing.

So, for educational purposes, and for my devoted readers, I decided to take the plunge and find out just how good these fries REALLY are.

They definitely have a potato taste, so that you can tell that you are eating a potato and not just mushed up something or other. The texture is more like potato and less like mush as well and having a few bits of skin on helps too. It isn't so much skin that its annoying though. They are more unique than the other fast food fries. These fries are certainly more potatoey than McDonalds and less battered than Burger King. As for the sea salt, I'm not sure that it's any particularly big deal. Overall I'd say its a pretty good fry if you want something that reminds you strongly of potato. I tend to think that Wendy's may be the least scary of the fast food burger joints, but that's more of an impression than actual fact, although everyone knows McDonald's is evil. I ate a bunch of fries without ketchup then added some ketchup for the second half to mix it up, which leads me into my ketchup review.

I tend to think organic things are good things, or at least potentially good things. I know that something being organic doesn't mean it's good for you, but it usually has a more wholesome feel. In this case though, Organic ketchup is a no-no. It had a rather unusual taste to it. I admit, I'm very picky about ketchup. I think anything other than Heinz is unacceptable. Usually other ketchups have that weird sweet taste to them, or something is just not right with the flavors.
Unfortunately, Heinz organic had a bit of that taste. It seemed a bit sweeter, which I don't really understand why since it should be made with the same ingredients, just that they are grown with no pesticides etc. I will admit that it grew on me a bit as I ate it and became accustomed to the taste, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. How very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment