Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cheeseboy!!

A few weekends ago I was in Boston, and I discovered an interesting chain called Cheeseboy. The one I visited was located in the bus/train station. It's a fast food place that sells grilled cheese and soups. Brilliant! Simple but brilliant. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? I'm not going to go out of my way to go get a sandwich I can easily make myself, however if you're in a place like an airport or train station it is fairly brilliant. Plus i's fairly hard for me to pass up a place with a slogan like "The best things in life are cheese." I couldn't agree more.

According to their website, Cheeseboy only has 3 locations- 2 in Boston and one in Milford Connecticut. Perhaps they will expand. They also have some pretty nifty Cheeseboy stickers.
Now as for the grilled cheese itself, it was decent, but not great. The menu is pretty simple. I got a classic with tomato and a cup of vegetable beef soup. The sandwich was a little more toasty than I would have liked. Too much brown, and although not burned, it was more crispy than I would have liked. Still, it's pretty hard to terribly ruin a grilled cheese unless you burn it, so it was still good. Execution could use a little work. The soup was pretty unsuccessful though. It was mostly greasy broth with just a bit of veggies. Overall maybe the place is a 3 out of 5 but I'd say that it probably varies by location and how busy they are. I still have a cool sticker though!

1 comment: