Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting Resourceful: Poor Man Pizza

Normally I would look at the contents of my fridge and wonder where all the food was, however I've found that I've been getting creative and somehow what I normally consider not a lot of food seems to be going a long way.

Example 1: Today's lunch consisted of a salad that was enhanced by random things from my pantry. I had lettuce, tofu, black beans, red peppers and mushrooms. Bam. Salad. Then some bread with hummus. There was also one of the last of the original ten for ten yogurts I had bought on shopping trip 1.

Example 2: Dinner came less out of necessity than out of laziness and only moderate hunger.I ate a bagel right after work cause I was hungry for one so by dinner time I wasn't starving and I didn't feel like massive cooking. So, time to be resourceful. I have an open jar of Victoria sauce, which should never be allowed to go bad, and I feel like eating cheese. So, makeshift pizza time. Bread+sauce+cheese+ microwave= poor man's pizza. Tada!! I also still have half a bag of spinach so I threw a few leaves on top of it. I'm sure my Italian ancestors are rolling in their graves somewhere, but come on, if you can have a pizza bagel or a pizza on an English Muffin then I think this is acceptable. I also heated up spinach in a bowl in the microwave. That seems slightly shameful since it takes about 5 minutes to cook spinach, but I didn't want to deal with a pan. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment