Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kashi Go Lean Crunch :(


I know I am way behind the times on this one since this cereal has been around for ages, but until recently I'd never eaten it. There are commercials for it frequently and it claims to be better for you than other cereals so I finally decided to give it a try.

I've been craving crunch cereals lately and this seemed like a healthier alternative to granola. The first few bites weren't bad. Actually I think I ate the whole bowl with relative contentment, but on the second bowl a few days later it just wasn't doing it for me.

The problem is that the "crunchies" are popped rice I think. This gives them more of the texture of popcorn, which I don't really like that much to begin with, so eating a bowl full of sweet popcorn is not what I call a good time. It's vaguely reminiscent of that caramel popcorn stuff, which isn't terrible, its just not what I want in a bowl full of cereal. If I want popcorn then I will go see a movie and pay $15 for a ticket and some buttery popped stuff.

Take a look at the ingredient list and see if you see anything that should be in a cereal cause I'm pretty sure I don't see much: Cereal (Whole, Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds)Textured Soy Protein Concentrate, Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Rice Syrup, Chicory Root Fiber, Whole Grain Oats, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Whole Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Rye Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds)Expeller, Pressed Canola Oil, Honey, Salt, Cinnamon, Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Vitamin E) for Freshness.

So, my review on Kashi Go Lean Crunch is a big thumbs down. If you're a popcorn fan then maybe you'll like it; I however, did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment