Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Starbucks Rebranding

If anyone has been to a Starbucks lately, you might have noticed that the logo has changed. Being that I can't really afford Starbucks on a regular basis anymore, I was first alerted to the change by The Dieline Package Design Blog. My initial reaction was, why would they rebrand such an iconic logo? The black siren in the green circle has been an icon of the overpriced yet delicious coffee joint for as long as I can remember. Now they've done away with the black circle. Apparently they are going for a more artistic look. I was surprised to learn that the icon has gone through 4 stages of development over the years. See the picture below from another Dieline article.

I wasn't all that thrilled by the new logo but I have to say that it's growing on me. I stopped by Starbucks as a treat today and picked up one of the new cups. It is kind of more modern looking. Alright Starbucks, I think I approve.


1 comment:

  1. considering i would probably drink my starbucks out of a hallowed out monkey skull, i'm not really affected.

    ReplyDelete