Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More Dinner Time Stories

It seems I'm either really enthusiastic about cooking or I could care less. The past few days I just had no energy for cooking and took as much of the easy way out as possible. Today seemed like a good day to cook. Maybe it was the coffee I had at 4pm, or maybe just the desire not to let my chicken go bad, but whatever it was, today was a cooking day.

I decided to just cook all of my chicken, which wasn't opened yet, just so I wouldn't have to worry about it going bad. I have never really baked chicken before but I figured it's supposed to be better than frying so I did two pieces in the oven and two in the stove. I may have killed the benefits an oven would bring because I marinated the chicken in oil, lemon and parsley. I need to learn to cook without oil. I baked those two in the oven and I think I've cooked them thoroughly. Then for the stove I made a marinade of tahini, oil, lemon, garlic powder, and onion powder for one and honey, balsamic vinegar and onion powder for the other. I ate the tahini one with spinach and leftover pasta and wrapped up the balsamic for later. So now I have 3 chicken breasts in reserve.Tahini has become a great ally for me in cooking. It goes great with so many things and it's protein!

I'd like to point out that this was Kosher Chicken, and in fact the meal was Kosher, not that I was aiming for that. I'm picky about the meat I buy because meat kind of grosses me out when I have to cook it. I try and buy either Kosher meat or organic meat because I feel better about the way they were prepared. Yes, I am a hypocrite because I will eat really disgusting meat as long as I don't have to prepare it or see it being prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment