Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oh Snap!

Yesterday I discovered a new super snack! I was on the road for work, dying for lunch at 2:30 when I finally found a Subway. Got a relatively  healthy sandwich and I was going to indulge myself in some chips, possibly sunchips, when I can across Snapz, crunchy premium apple crisps.

I was intrigued, although I suspected that like most fruit snacks they would be either loaded with sugar or loaded with fat or both. But lo and behold, neither!

Snapz are fat free, cholesterol free, only have 45 calories in a pack ( though yes the packs are a bit small) and only 8 grams of sugar, which isn't much in the scheme of things. The only ingredients are apples and lemon juice. The process is to dry them, not fry them.

The best part of all though, is that they actually taste good. Better than good actually. I may have to reevaluate when I'm not starving, but still, they are pretty awesome. They have the crunch of a chip but a nice appley flavor.

Good texture + good flavor + healthy = 3 for the win!!

The problem is, where do you buy these things besides Subway? The company seems to be pretty new and their website  offers information about purchasing them online or how to become a vendor. The website also states that besides Subway, they have products at some Target stores. There are also other types of chips made by Snapz, including beets and carrots. The website notes that more vendors will be coming aboard in 2012 so I guess it's time to wait. No Target store in NY carry them although some in PA and NJ do. The problem seems to be that this company is based out of the UK, so they haven't gone mainstream into America yet. So my friends, it's up to us to bring this product into the mainstream. Goooooo apple chips!




No comments:

Post a Comment