Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy New Year!


To all those observing, or at least taking note of the Jewish New Year, L'shanah tovah!
I had my apples and honey earlier before dinner, so hopefully the new year will be prosperous. I suppose the good thing about being religious is that I don't have to go to temple tonight or any other night, but I do get to eat. I thought about buying some matzoh ball soup but it's still too hot for soup.

I was excited to see that honey crisp apples are out now, so I bought 2. They really don't need to then be dipped in honey since they taste so good already, but such is the tradition. I also made myself a quiche, which cooked up very nicely I have to say, except for the sad fact that it was pretty boring. I used Colby cheese instead of cheddar, so it lacked bite and I also didn't have any lemon for the broccoli, so overall the taste was a bit dull. I think a bit of chipotle sauce or some bbq sauce or something would help a bit. The broccoli did come out perfect though, and beautifully green. I had too much milk and not enough egg so although the whole thing cooked well, there was a lot of extra liquid. Oh well, maybe eventually I'll get this quiche thing right.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm! I love honey crisp apples! I've never heard of the apple and honey tradition, but I think I might just join in!

    Happy new year! Here's to perfecting the quiche!

    ReplyDelete