Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Spicy and Delicious

So I've heard from some certain readers, ahem, relatives, that I haven't been keeping up to date. This is true. I also moved recently and am settling into yet another house!! Ahhh! This one is great though, and further east, which seems to be the direction I'm moving on this little island.

I have been eating things, though mostly I have been fairly lazy with cooking until now. I'm sad to report that I did not transplant my cucumber plants during the move, because they were essentially dead already, as was the one pea plant. I did eat one of the baby cucumbers and it was delicious, but I kept hoping the plants would grow bigger. Unfortunately, they just withered and died. Oh well. I might try and grow a green pepper now.

I just tried a new Indian pre-made dish, which was pretty tasty. In fact, it was uber spicy and definitely lived up to its origins. My only complaint about this dal ( lentils), was that it was pretty thick, so it needed some water added. I also added some mushrooms and chard because, why not? The brand is called MTR and I found it at Wegmans ( one of the best stores ever). So this gets my vote as good pre-made Indian food, which is hard to come by.


My other new found spicy love is chili paste. Thanks to dinner at a Thai place with my friend, I have now developed a fond crush on chili paste. It's hot, but also sweet sort of in a weird way. I think the chili paste was substantially less hot than the dal. But man does it taste good on whatever. So basically I'll be eating barbecue sauce and chili paste for a while. I also thought this fried rice in a pineapple from the Thai place was pretty cool.

In other news, its nearly fall!!! This is exciting not only because the weather gets deliciously crisp, but because fall has some of my favorite tastes and smells! I already saw the orange colored oreos in the supermarket, which is a great start to the season, and Dunkin Donuts is advertising apple cider. I'm contemplating how to decorate my house to make it uber creepy. So excited for fall!

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't be talking about your dear, sweet Auntie now, would you? And as your auntie, I must put my two auntie cents in and comment that the Indian meal has way too much sodium in it, but if you only have that once in awhile, then ok. I want to see pics after you do your creepy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, they generally do have way too much sodium :( That's why I stopped buying all the yummy frozen foods from Trader Joe's.
    Auntie two cents! I like it! Yes I will post pictures if I get to decorate.

    ReplyDelete