Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Hungry Girl Musings


Fun food fact of the day:
In ancient times, rice was considered to be a sign of fertility. The reason we throw rice at weddings is to ensure a marriage filled with plenty of healthy children.


Food Gripe of the day: Organic Milk
I love organic milk, in fact I pretty much only buy my milk organic if I can. I think I may have mentioned this, but I just think it tastes better. My only question is, why can you only buy organic milk in gallons? I'm only one person, and while I often do drink a lot of milk, sometimes I just want a little so it won't go bad. I've never seen Organic milk sold in something smaller than a gallon. Can organic cows only produce milk in gallons? Seriously, does

anyone have any answer to this? Is it just a gimmick to ge
t you to spend more? It's expensive enough, but I'm a food snob on some things and milk is one of them. I also think some of the brands taste better than others. Horizon tend
s to be my favorite. I will add that I've seen little juice pack size organic milk and choco
late milk but nothing in between that and a gallon.

1 comment:

  1. Em, I know it's no help telling you we can get OM in a smaller container over here, but why don't you try freezing it? Freeze it in small containers and then you can take out one at a time to use.

    ReplyDelete