Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apple muffins


So recently I found a use for all the remaining apples. They've already been eaten plain and with cheese, and baked with nuts and sugar but now they have become muffins. I chose two recipes because neither one needed very many apples and I wanted to try them both. One was apple cranberry muffins and the other was apple yogurt muffins. Here's a little visual tour of the process.

First the cranberry apple muffins get mixed up and then off to the oven. Sadly I only seem to have one little muffin tray to work with so its a long process. And the kitchen gets messy.




And apples get naked.
Finished! They came out a bit more crispy on the outside than I wanted and a bit more flat and smooshed but they were ok.

The consistency of the next batter was much lighter and more springy so I had a better feeling about them and sure enough they came out very moist and light. They also got a nice cinnamon sugar topping. Anyone want some? I still have a bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm these sound interesting! Do you have links to the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good! What kind of cheese do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Yogurt: http://www.cooksrecipes.com/bread/apple_yogurt_muffins_recipe.html

    Cranberry Apple: http://www.cooksrecipes.com/bread/apple-cranberry_muffins_recipe.html

    I think I wasn't supposed to use dried cranberries but I did anyway so that might have been an issue. I also cut out the raisins cause I don't really love raisins in muffins and it seemed like overkill.

    No cheese, but I used plain yogurt

    ReplyDelete