Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Introductions, Welcome and all that...

Welcome to Road Raging Foodie!! I'm starting this blog because I find that I love talking about food just as much as I love eating it. I end up raving about delicious pumpkin donuts and scrumptious Pad Thai to anyone who I think might care. With that in mind, I figured, why not write about it?

Let me be clear though, this isn't going to be a restaurant review blog- though I may end up doing some reviews- but more of a documentation of my encounters with interesting food, which can include anything from commercialized food to things off the beaten path. As far as cooking goes I'm interested in baking and also fresh, natural farm grown foods. Nothing like seeing your food go from the earth to your mouth! I'm hoping to go live on a farm at some point in my life. For a while now it has been my (not so secret) dream to open a little bakery with gorgeous cupcakes filling the windows. Unfortunately I don't think I possess the skills or the endurance for that endeavor so it will remain a nice little fantasy along with culinary school. When I do cook I'm all about experimenting, since I generally don't know what I'm doing anyway. So far I haven't killed anyone.

Now, you may be wondering about the first half of this blog's title, so let me explain. I grew up in New Jersey and New York so I see a lot of crazy drivers! Jersey drivers are notoriously bad and the more I drive, the more I think that no one in this country is capable of driving properly ( and yes I mean the ENTIRE country, not just the tri-state area). My constant amazement at the things I see while driving has been the cause of many rants on my part, so while I intend to devote the majority of this blog to food, I may have a somewhat regular feature regarding the current state of driving as I encounter it (ahem, use your turn signals people!!)I also like to travel a lot so there may be lots to report.

So that's pretty much the gist of the blog here- and here's a little bit more about me: I recently graduated a liberal arts college where I studied Philosophy, Asian Studies and Creative Writing. I love all things artistic and have dabble in some from various instruments to photography, pottery, pastels and pretty much anything involving glue and paper. I design and sell jewelry on Etsy.com and you can see all that annoying plug info at the bottom. I'm also an aspiring poet and writer. I'm intrigued by the concept of food and travel writing so I'm hoping that starting my own food blog will be a good start for at least one of those. I'm a huge dork and I love sci-fi and all sorts of dorky things. If any of this sounds interesting to you then please stick around and read on...


All that annoying Promo info:
My jewelry site - www.mistydragon.etsy.com
My Twitter (mainly for etsy updates) - http://twitter.com/dragon_trove

No comments:

Post a Comment