Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shoulda had a V8

A few weeks ago I was at the gym and I looked up at the TV screen and tried to understand what I was seeing. It was very clearly an infomercial but at first I thought it was fake. I wasn't plugged into the sound so it was hard to tell if it was meant to be serious or not, but the fact that I wasn't sure seemed like a bad sign.

The commercial was for the HealthMaster Blender, and it showed people putting every conceivable vegetable and fruit into the blender and drinking up the 'delicious?' drink. Maybe it was the fact that there was no sound, but it just seemed comical. I wasn't sure if I was watching a real infomercial or something on Adult Swim. After throwing spinach, tomatoes and various other edibles into the blender, a smiling woman happily sips up the green goo because its healthy and it makes you lose weight. Righttttttttt.

As turns out, the Health Master is real and essentially is just an overpriced blender, which you can get for only 4 payments of $49.95. Of course this blender can blend stone, as the commercial demonstrates, so I obviously want it. And if I wasn't convinced already, Montel Williams will demonstrate how great this blender is by giving out samples of green juice concoction to the studio audience. You can't eat a whole plate of veggies without getting full, but you can drink one!!! Hooray!!!!

You know, if I want to drink vegetables, I'll just have a V8 because its a lot cheaper.

2 comments:

  1. vegetables quite literally make me gag. it's a problem. the only way i can manage them is in an $8 salad or an artfully blended organic juice. i feel like even if i had a juicer i'd be too lazy to make it myself. so i think having a professional juice artist on staff in my home is the only solution.

    i'm very curious about the blending of rock. how can this be used to my advantage?

    have you seen the pasta boat? it's my new fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha - I think my aunt bought one those!

    As for mixing fruits with vegetables, the thought never really crossed my mind - but when I was at the beach with my Haitian boy, he made pineapple-carrot juice, which was actually quite delicious (probably because you could really only taste the pineapple...)

    ReplyDelete