Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weary Wednesday

Today is a weary Wednesday. Know why? Because I'm weary of stupid drivers in the left lane on highways. I can't say I never have been guilty of the left lane laziness, the kind where you forget you're in the left and supposed to be going fast.Generally though if people start passing me on the right or are getting really close behind me I wake up and move over. Not so for everyone. Today I was in the left and the car in front of me was going 60 mph. Granted, that was the speed limit, but as everyone knows, the left lane is not for obeying the speed limit. (M and I had this problem on our trip out to Oklahoma many times. M is also a Jersey driver and was annoyed by the number of people who ride in the left lane at the speed limit or five miles over. The left is for super-speed. The end. )
I tried to suggest that he should move over into the right by getting a bit closer to him. I don't like getting tooooo close because that leads to accidents, which many people on the road should learn. He was totally oblivious for quite some time and I could tell I wasn't the only one who was annoyed.
There was a car next to us on the right but the guy in the left could easily have moved over if he slowed down or sped up a bit. This apparently was far too challenging for him because it involved actually being aware of other cars on the road. Who does that? So I was forced to cut over all the way to the far right and go around him. Several cars copied me as well.
I know everyone gets stupid sometimes when they drive. I know I make mistakes, but some people are just oblivious and it makes things more complicated than they should be. So please, left lane drivers, if you are on a highway with limited or no traffic then stop blocking the left lane for people who want to actually drive. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment