Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kiwi Syrup

So there are lots of interesting food things going on this week but I'm going to start with something I found while walking around H&Y Asian market. I wouldn't say it's particularly asian, except for the brand, but I'd never seen it before and I was intrigued.Kiwi Syrup!! The chocolate syrup makes sense but kiwi syrup? What does one do with such a food? Well, according to one company that makes this syrup it can be used in Italian sodas and mocktails. I'm not entirely convinced I'd want to drink this, though I'd be willing to give it a try. Maybe an Italian Soda would be nice.

Here's one recipe I found for a drink.. I couldn't find too many mentions of kiwi syrup in recipes.

Fruit Cocktail Recipe
Grapefruit Juice
Kiwi Syrup
Lime Juice
Mango Juice
Passion fruit Juice
orange juice
Pineapple Juice
Shake with a glassful of broken ice and pour unstrained into a wine goblet. Garnish with fruit, add straws, and serve.

2 comments: